January 29, 2015

La Tour Eiffel

"A Bad Day in Paris is Still a Better than a Good Day Anywhere Else."
So I've now been in Paris for almost 4 weeks (how time flies...) and the above quote couldn't be more true.
It's not all been great; settling in to a new country is hard and speaking another language for the most part is mentally exhausting but I've decided I'm in no position to ever complain about my situation. I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to live in Paris for 6 months. It is literally a dream.

I figured it would be nice to start getting back into posting regularly and using my blog as a resource for other au pairs or gap year-ers. So, with that said, I want to start by putting up some of my photos from the Eiffel Tower this weekend. 
*Disclaimer* no photos will ever do it justice!


If you do happen to be around the Eiffel Tower, let's face it if you're in Paris it's inevitable, don't make the mistake of buying a crêpe or a café from one of the nearby stands. You'll pay on average three times more than if you were to take a little stroll. Head over to Crêperie Contemporaine which is just south across the river in the 15th. I've found that in Paris, if you make the effort to ask nicely and make a little conversation, there's often an unwritten discount available...manners are free but without them your food is not! 

Hopefully my little post has given you some inspiration if you happen to be in Paris. I think I may write a little more about the "discount".
Bisous Bisous Brontë